ReachOut Pro is the professional development service of ReachOut.com, working with youth service workers and health professionals to improve mental health help-seeking and support.
ReachOut Pro highlights information, case studies, and professional development resources for:
- Understanding mental health, and helping young people understand more about their mental health and wellbeing
- Understanding young people’s relationship with technology, and how we can minimise risks, and use it to support mental health and wellbeing
- Breaking down the barriers to help-seeking – by learning more about how young people seek help, and how we can support them more effectively
Access ReachOut Pro at www.ReachOutPro.com.au
Mental health information
Professionals can browse information about mental health on ReachOutPro.com.au, which includes:
- Information about working with young people, and how to navigate the mental health system
- Overviews of individual mental health disorders and what they mean
- Links to professional services or websites to get resources or support service access
- Links to ReachOut.com fact sheets and stories to use in practice with young people
Information for using technology
Professionals can browse information and resources for using technology to help young people, including:
- Interviews with young people about mental health and using online spaces
- Information about how young people use online spaces
- Information about cyber bullying, online safety, and how to support young people to manage risks
- Case studies of professionals successfully using technology in practice
- Reviews of online interventions and resources you can use with young people
Professionals can access free accredited professional development resources to improve their skills in working with young people, technology and wellbeing. These include:
- Young people’s relationship with technology
- Technology + social media 101
- How to use technology in practice
- Dealing with ethical and professional barriers to using technology with young people
ReachOut Pro engages experts, professionals on the ground, and young people, to share their knowledge and facilitate discussion via articles published on the ReachOut Pro blog.
ReachOut Pro uses Facebook to share information on news, research and discussions happening around young people and mental health.
ReachOut Pro keeps professionals connected with the latest resources on young people and mental health support through its monthly e-newsletter.