Keen to pitch in to help others? ReachOut.com is online 24/7 providing support and info for young people on dealing with tough times and improving everyday life. Raising money is a really great way to help make sure that anyone who needs help can visit ReachOut.com whenever they need to.
Fundraising is a great way to pitch in and get involved in helping others. Why?
- It’s flexible. You can plan an event or an activity that best fits in with you and your life. What are you good at? You can get creative and figure out a way to use your skills to raise funds.
- Every little bit helps. A fundraising activity doesn’t have to raise hundreds or thousands of dollars to be worthwhile. When a lot of different people pitch in and raise small amounts of money, it adds up. Raising small amounts of money can make a really big difference to the number of people ReachOut.com can help.
How to raise funds for ReachOut.com
There are a few steps you need to follow before you fundraise for ReachOut.com
1. Choose a fundraising idea. There are a lot of different ideas you can come up with to raise funds – feel free to get creative and use your imagination. Some examples of things you can do include:
- setting yourself a personal challenge
- participating in community events
- hosting an event at school/uni.
Check out current opportunities and suggestions at 'Raise money for ReachOut.com'.
2. Plan your project. When you’re planning a fundraising activity there are a few rules and regulations you have to follow in order to legally protect yourself, your donors and your cause, ReachOut.com. We’ve created a handy guide that you can use to make sure your fundraising idea fits within the guidelines. Make sure you read the 'Fundraising Principles and Requirements' document when you’re planning your fundraising activity.
3. Tell us about it. When you’ve read the ‘Fundraising Principles and Requirements’ guide and you are confident your idea fits any legal requirements, you need to let us know about your plans. Fill out the ‘Request to Raise Funds’ form and send it back to us. When we get your form, a member of the Reach Out crew will get in touch to find out more about your fundraising idea and provide you a fundraising authority which will legally allow you to fundraise on our behalf.
4. Start fundraising! This is the fun part. You’ve figured out your plan of action, you’ve got all the forms and permissions signed and sorted, and now you get to make your fundraising idea come to life. If you want to make it easy for people to donate money, you can create your own personal fundraising page for Reach Out over at Go Fundraise. Have fun!