Keeping hold of your ambitions and dreams during COVID-19
Hear from Tavleen, an international student in Australia, on how she’s been coping during COVID-19. She reflects on how overwhelming it can feel to have your plans and dreams disrupted.
This video has been produced as a collaboration between ReachOut and Beyond Blue.
If you didn’t get it [reach your goal], or if you didn’t get it in the timespan that you set, it’s not the end of your world.
Whenever Tavleen is having trouble with everything that’s going on, she tries:
- Reaching out to a trusted friend or family member and saying, ‘I just need to talk.’
- Believing that there’s always something good around the corner. When she’s had a bad day, she tries to focus on a good memory or on something she’s looking forward to in the future.
What can I do now?
- Check out our ‘Staying close to your culture during COVID-19’ collection for more stories and resources.
- Hear how these young people have stayed connected to their culture and maintained their cultural self-identity throughout COVID-19.
- Learn how to challenge a fixed mindset here.