Hannah, a Jewish journalism student, has been living with her massive blended family throughout COVID-19. During lockdown, she’s been isolated from her wider community, but has drawn on her Judaism to help her keep focused and centred.
This video has been produced as a collaboration between ReachOut and Beyond Blue.
We’re living in the easiest and most accessible times to reach out for help if you need it.
Some ways Hannah is taking care of herself during COVID-19 include:
- Creating structure through daily and weekly routines.
- Developing hobbies to break up her day and give her time out from the stresses of daily life.
- Using principles from Judaism to help her accept the crazy things that have happened this year. This helps her to stay grounded and culturally connected. Learn about how you can accept things outside of your control here.
- Knowing where to find extra support if she needs it, such as online resources, hotlines and forums.
What can I do now?
- Check out our ‘Staying close to your culture during COVID-19’ collection for more stories and resources.
- Hear how these young people have stayed connected to their culture and maintained their cultural self-identity throughout COVID-19.
- Learn how accepting things that are outside of your control can improve your wellbeing.