Binge drinking is when you drink a lot of alcohol in one session. For men, it means drinking more than six drinks in one sitting; for women, it means drinking more than four drinks in one sitting.
People who binge drink:
- don't necessarily drink every day
- may not know their own limits
- may not mean to drink a lot
- might feel peer pressured to drink large amounts
- might feel awkward in social situations if they aren't drinking.
What can I do now?
Explore other topics
It's not always easy to find the right place to start. Our 'What's on your mind?' tool can help you explore what's right for you.What's on your mind?