Jasmine shares how she managed her anxiety and depression while she was in high school, through tools and help including ReachOut.
It was a massive release for me to find [ReachOut] and find that [depression and anxiety] was normal and it happens to other people, people like me.
Some things that helped Jasmine when she was dealing with depression and anxiety in high school include:
- friends and teachers she trusted reaching out to her and asking whether she was okay
- reading ReachOut resources about depression and anxiety, which helped her understand what she was going through
- realising what she was going through is normal and happens to so many young people
- getting on the ReachOut Forums and connecting with other young people.
What can I do now?
- Check out some strategies to help you manage your anxiety.
- Want to chat with a peer worker who can listen and support you? Book a free, text-based session with ReachOut PeerChat here.
- Read about support services for depression and anxiety.