How Ashlea dealt with postnatal anxiety and depression
Young mum Ashlea shares her experience with postnatal anxiety and depression, and how getting help made a huge difference.
...talk to parents. Because someone will be able to give you that tiny little bit of advice that will save your sanity.
- Postnatal anxiety and depression can be difficult to recognise and the signs can be different for everyone.
- Breastfeeding can be really hard.
- Going to the GP is the first step to getting help.
- Eating healthily, being active and getting out of the house all can help you feel better.
- Get support through talking to other parents and going to parents' groups.
What can I do now?
- Go and see your GP if you're not feeling great.
- Contact PANDA for advice and support.
- Get some practical tips about coping with hard times.