How Jordan manages her Borderline Personality Disorder
Looking after your wellbeing can be tough, especially when you’ve got a lot of other things going on. Jordan shares her mental health story and talks about how ReachOut has helped her to manage her Borderline Personality Disorder.
- For Jordan, part of her borderline personality disorder involved self-harming and withdrawing a lot in high school.
- After her depression and anxiety started to get worse, she was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder.
- After a suicide attempt, Jordan admitted herself to a psychiatric hospital, where she was set up with a routine, psychologists and other people who understood.
- Jordan started Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) with a psychologist that she connected with, who gave her tips and techniques for managing her mental illness. That along with medication, volunteering for ReachOut and other support has really helped.
What can I do now?
- Find out more about the signs, symptoms and causes of Borderline Personality Disorder.
- Borderline Personality Disorder is a form of personality disorder. Not sure what they are? Read up on them here.
- Check out some of the info and services available for people with personality disorders, including online support groups.