Sometimes the best way to get your finances together is to try and earn a little bit extra money– but that doesn’t always mean taking up an extra job. We put three young people to the test, to see if they could get a little bit extra cash on the side by just trying out a few simple tips.
Read the transcript here.
Here are our top 3 tips for earning more cash:
Sell your old stuff
- Selling some of your old stuff on Facebook Marketplace, Gumtree or other platforms is a great way to get some extra cash and declutter at the same time.
- You might be surprised at what you can sell!
Find work online
- Sites such as Airtasker and Fiverr are a great way to get odd jobs and develop your skills.
- Surveys are one way to earn money, but can be pretty time consuming.
Get gigs from your network
- You might be surprised by the jobs you can get from your friends, family, and even your neighbours.
- Jobs could include taking dogs for a walk or other tasks that they need doing.
What can I do now?
- For some tips on spending less on your bills, food and social life, check out the first episode of our Money Hacks series here.
- If you don’t have a job and you’re not feeling great about it, check out our video about that here.
- If you’re not sure what your rights at work are, check out our article here.