Becoming a mum at a young age can be a tricky situation to handle. Here’s how Ashlea, April and Eleisha deal with the good and bad bits about being a young parent.
- It can be tough adjusting to becoming a parent when you still feel really young yourself.
- Not having enough money and support can be really challenging.
- Being a young mum can really change the relationships you have with your friends.
- Being a young parent can be easier because you can keep up with your kids and be really active with them.
- Get support through talking to other parents and going to parents' groups and playgroups.
- Ask for support from family, friends and your partner if you have one.