About the app
This app offers practical skills and information to help you make healthier choices and form positive attitudes. It includes 101 ways to be healthy, as well as a library of articles that you can read at your own pace.
- get a daily nudge of healthy inspiration
- shake your device for a random selection of articles
- healthy-living library on topics including nutrition, activity and stress management
- share articles on email, Facebook and Twitter.
Health Pro rating
Internet & data usage
It’s good that one has the option to simply browse through 101 ways to be healthy, or to let the app pick one healthy way for you with the ‘surprise me’ option. I like the idea that the ways to be healthy are tied into articles published in ‘Experience Life’ and ‘Revolutionary Act’, but i wonder if these articles need to be condensed to suit the electronic interface a bit better; more digestible and visual. The information is mostly large chunks of text so it’s not very engaging, particularly for young people. There is also the likelihood of there being information overload.
- good succinct app with relevant information.
- range of information is diverse, not just focused on purely psychological techniques, also about diet and exercise
- set out in easy to read way, not overwhelming even when there is lots and lots of information in it
- it's something I would open quite frequently in the future.
- choice of fonts
- wide range of options - touching on things you don't usually think about but are really helpful to read about
- huge range of sources to read from
- learn some interesting facts/latest in that field of study/research.
I didn't like...
- no search option (based on key words/topics etc)
- topics aren't categorised so hard to navigate/find what you are looking for
- too wordy, needs to be straight/suggest directly which articles are best for you
- should be presented in a more graphical way
- no sense of monitoring/keeping me updating with topics that concern me.