About the app
Instant Heart Rate uses your iPhone's camera to measure your heart rate, by detecting the pulse from your fingertip. A real-time chart will show you every heartbeat, so you can monitor your health and fitness.
- real-time graphs and trends
- continuous or auto-stop mode
- heart rate zones
- export and store your data
- share to Twitter and Facebook.
Health Pro rating
Internet & data usage
This app is very innovative if you can (accurately?) measure heart rate with the phone camera. It tries to sell you a lot of different things.
Simply the idea of it and how it works. Knowing my iPhone can detect my heart rate is pretty cool.
I didn't like...
It lacks a bit of information e.g. why monitoring your heartbeat is important and how often you should monitor it although it's assumed someone needing to use it would have this information provided by a doctor.
- login system is good for keeping track with other apps by Azumio
- the way of monitoring the heart rate is fun.
I didn't like...
- doesn't tell you how to adjust your finger so it is properly covering the camera lens/light if it cannot take a proper reading. This can get confusing as user may not know what is wrong
- timeline needs to be more picture/diagram based
- timeline need to show trends more clearly and should give feedback on heart rate trends in regards to HR Zones
- app is too wordy on the whole. User should get instant feedback based on the heartbeat reading
- the App should do all the maths and help you workout your% levels and keep track of which HR Zones you are in
- there should be multiple profile options
- needs to have more of a personal touch
- would be good to have some sort of notification settings.