A day in the life: Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
This audio story follows rural high school student, Sam, as he struggles with symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). People can develop PTSD after experiencing something traumatic like a car accident or a physical assault. Listen on to understand more about what PTSD feels like, how to cope with its symptoms and how to get help if you think you have PTSD.
This can help if:
- you’ve been through a traumatic event
- you’re not coping well after a traumatic event
- you want to hear how someone else dealt with their own trauma.
What can I do now?
- Get personalised support options for dealing with trauma using ReachOut NextStep.
- Read about relaxation strategies that can help you deal with your stress and anxiety.
- Check out our page on mental health professionals for more information on whom you can talk to.
Explore other topics
It's not always easy to find the right place to start. Our 'What's on your mind?' tool can help you explore what's right for you.What's on your mind?