Where do you feel like you belong?
Feeling like you don't fit in can be really hard, and leave you feeling left out and isolated. We know feeling connected is really important for your mental health and wellbeing, as it helps you to feel valued and welcomed.
These young people share where they feel like they belong - and their answers might surprise you. Where do you feel like you belong?
I look to my friends and I think of how....we can come together and have an appreciation for each other and love for one another.
Some of the ways these young people get a sense of belonging include:
- Seeing the natural environment, through hiking, skiing or going to the beach.
- Getting involved with hobby groups, like roller derby or a cooking group, where people are bonded by a common interest.
- Reading books, where you go into the world of the characters and go on a journey with them.
- Hanging out with siblings, extended family and friends.
What can I do now?
- Read more about understanding a different culture.
- Get some things to do if you're feeling lonely.
- Read about 3 steps to better communication.