Being unemployed sucks. Even though you have so much free time, it’s hard to enjoy it. You might feel worthless or unproductive. Even worse, not having a paycheck can really have an impact on your wellbeing and lifestyle. Luckily, there are little things you can do to help you feel better.
Here are a few things you can do:
- Keep yourself busy during the day, with hobbies and looking for jobs.
- Focus on the little things you can do.
- Get out of the house, even if it's just walking into town.
- Talk to someone about it, like your family or a friend.
- Allow yourself to have a movie day without feeling guilty.
- Don't be afraid to ask for help.
If you're still feeling crap
We understand that everyone's experience of not having a job is different, and yours may be very different to the young people featured in the video. If none of the tips in the video feel right for you, we suggest you see a mental health professional to get personalised help.