If you’re wondering what to do if you're being bullied, looking after yourself can help you reduce your stress and feel more positive and hopeful. We chatted to a bunch of young people who are overcoming bullying to share their own self-care tips, which include:
- listening to music, reading books, watching YouTube
- doing things you enjoy
- sports - going jogging and playing soccer
- practise mindfulness and meditation
- walking home from school.
What can I do now?
- Take 5 and reflect on how you can make sure you're looking after yourself. Check out this article for our top 5 tips.
- If you're interested in giving mindfulness a go, hit up the Smiling Mind app.
- Check out this forum thread, it (actually) has 1,000,001 ways to look after yourself when life gets shit/you fell down/everything sucks etc. They're simple, effective, easy things to do to make yourself feel just a little bit better.