Picking yourself back up during COVID-19
Edwin's plans for his first year of university have been interrupted by COVID-19. Instead of experiencing the most fun and social year of his life, he's found it to be a lot more lonely than expected. His screen time and social media use have blown out and become a big problem, due to all the extra time he’s spent at home during lockdown.
This video has been produced as a collaboration between ReachOut and Beyond Blue.
Don’t lose sight of what your goals were before all this started.
Some of the ways Edwin has kept culturally connected and looked after his wellbeing include:
- Speaking in his mother tongue with his parents and family members in India.
- Reaching out to and chatting with friends in Australia, who have reassured him that he’s not alone.
- Reminding himself that he doesn’t have to be really productive during this time.
What can I do now?
- Check out our ‘Staying close to your culture during COVID-19’ collection for more stories and resources.
- Hear how these young people have stayed connected to their culture and maintained their cultural self-identity throughout COVID-19.
- Learn some quick ways to reduce your social media use.