Dylan talks about his experiences as a young Vietnamese Australian during the pandemic. He shares how he has coped with racism and other difficulties during lockdown.
This video has been produced as a collaboration between ReachOut and Beyond Blue.
Ever since moving out, I haven’t been able to eat good Vietnamese food, good home-cooked food. So, I’ve been trying to cook Vietnamese food.
Some of the ways Dylan has coped during COVID-19 include:
- Learning to cook Vietnamese food as a way to keep connected with his culture.
- Chatting to friends in similar situations to himself, when faced with racism during COVID-19.
- Upskilling and starting hobbies that he’s always wanted to try.
What can I do now?
- Check out our ‘Staying close to your culture during COVID-19’ collection for more stories and resources.
- Hear how these young people have stayed connected to their culture and maintained their cultural self-identity throughout COVID-19.
- Get some tips on how you can talk to someone you trust.